One of the best things about a vacation is how relaxed you feel, but once you arrive home, the stresses of everyday life can come rushing back all too quickly. Bring some of the relaxation home with you, and make some changes to your home inspired by those luxury vacation resorts. Bring resort living home, and get the rest of your house to match your hotel inspired bedroom.
Image – free to use
- Upgrade your bathroom. Depending on your budget, you can make large or small changes to your bathroom to get that spa bath feel. If you have more money to play with, switch out your bathroom suite for some serious luxury. A glass-walled walk in shower with a waterfall head, and a jacuzzi bath with jets will make you feel like a VIP everyday. If your budget is tighter, make small chances. Add a heated towel rack and swap your towels for high quality, super soft bath sheets. The large towel is much nicer to use. Add some plush robes, candles and luxurious toiletries, and even without a new suite, your bathroom will feel chic.
- Create a resort worthy entrance to your home. Keep the front garden tidy, with some pops of color leading you to the front door, with large, well-kept plants. If you can find who sells palm trees nearby, add palms in beautiful pots by the front door for a beach luxe feel.
- Turn your hallway into a hotel lobby. Buy a beautiful hall table, and top it with some beautiful pieces that attract the eye as soon as you come in. A pretty lamp, a vase of great smelling flowers, some bowls to contain knick-knacks and keys as you come in or framed pictures of the family all add personality and glam. Hang a piece of artwork or a mirror above the table to draw the eye. Mirrors are fantastic in small, dark hallways as they bounce light back into the space, making it feel larger and brighter.
- Invest in beautiful curtains. Drapes in a luxe fabric with a nice texture instantly make a room feel more expensive. Choose the best you can afford and have them made to fit your windows instead of choosing ready made. Silk, damasks and linen all make for luxurious curtains. In bedrooms, hang blackout curtains to help you get hotel quality sleep.
- Create mood lighting. Treat yourself to a beautiful light fitting for your ceiling lights. Use dramatic shades or chandelier style fittings if you have high ceilings, and use them to upgrade the look of spaces like over the dining table. Dimmer switches are a great way to adjust the light in a room, whether you’re in the mood for light and bright, or more dimly lit and romantic. Add lamps on side tables for softer lighting, especially in the bedroom.
- Add flowers and greenery wherever you can. Resorts are always filled with plants, so do the same at home. Succulents, potted plants and cut flowers all upgrade the feel of your home, bringing in color, scent and beauty